As all Lake Tahoe locals and tourists already know, the Summer and Fall seasons is the time for roadwork, construction and housing updates around the Lake Tahoe Basin since the ground isn’t covered in snow. Knowing where the local roadway updates are located will help you get around Tahoe and arrive at your destinations in a safe and timely manner.
Lake Tahoe’s Construction Zones for 2015 are located in the following areas:
State Highway 267 (North Lake Tahoe area):
Nevada County line to Brockway Summit
– Roadwork includes grinding and paving with hot mix asphalt overlay
– Expect delays of up to 20 minutes
U.S. Highway 50:
“Y” Area to the Trout Creek Bridge
– Roadwork includes gas line relocation
– Expect delays of up to 10 minutes
More Project information at www.swgasliving.com/contruction
State Route 89:
From “Y” Area to North of Camp Richardson
– Curb, gutters, and sidewalks will be added to the 4 lane section
– The two lane section will be widened to allow 4 foot paved shoulders on each side
– Drainage is being built as well as resurfacing the road
– Project expected to be complete in Spring of 2017
To Find You’re Very Own Lake Tahoe Property Just Follow These 5 Easy Steps:
- Sign up for email notification so you’ll know the minute a home is listed.
- Call me directly at 530-541-2465 or stop by my office and we’ll sit down and explore all options.
- Get my newsletter every other month which gives you an insight into Lake Tahoe real estate.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. My website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get valuable and current information like what is listed above. Sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.