Everyone has noticed that Lake Tahoe’s water level has dropped a considerable amount because of California’s infamous drought this year. Many people are worried that they will not be able to get in and out of the local Marina’s this summer, especially the Tahoe Keys Marina which was voted the BEST Marina in Tahoe. However, even though the Lake’s water level is low, the Tahoe Keys Property Owners’ Association (TKPOA) has just completed the dredging project that began in March of this year.
Tahoe Keys Marina Dredging Project is Complete!!
The West Channel (for homeowners) was completed back in May and the East Channel (for the public) was completed this last Saturday June 27th….right in time for Summer!! The average water depth in the channel is about 5 feet at the current Lake level after dredging, so the average size boat will have no problems getting in and out of the marina. For those who do not have a personal boat slip, The Tahoe Keys Marina are offering slips to rent on Daily ($3.60/ft. + $3.90 addt’l fees), Weekly ($15.00/ft. + $27.30 addt’l fees) and Monthly (Vessels up to 24′ – $29/ft. + $117 addt’l fees) Summer Rental Rates.
Lake Tahoe experienced a drought similar to this back in the early 90’s but two years later, the lake was overflowing with excess water and the valley’s were almost flooding. We might be a little worried now, but Lake Tahoe always finds a way of bouncing back to its Glorious Beauty.
To Find Your Dream Home in the Tahoe Keys Follow These 5 Easy Steps:
- Sign up for email notification so you’ll know the minute a home is listed.
- Call me directly at 530-541-2465 or stop by my office and we’ll sit down and explore all options.
- Get my newsletter every other month which gives you an insight into Lake Tahoe real estate.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. My website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get valuable and current information like what is listed above. Sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.