There were some spectacular lakefront homes in Lake Tahoe, Nevada that sold in 2014, and the interest in owning a home on the lake continues to grow (here is a current list of lakefront homes for sale) . With Lake Tahoe being the largest alpine lake in North America, you might think you’d be able to find a lot of homes along it’s 72 miles of shore line, but the majority of the land is not privately owned.
South Lake Tahoe NV Lakefront Home Sales
There were 14 lakefront homes sold in 2014, compared to 13 in 2013 and 8 in 2012. Since most lakefront homes sell above the $3,000,000 mark this is saying a lot about both the desire to own a home here as well as the trust in the market and home values.
Lakefront homes that sold last year ranged from $3,995,999 to $9,995,000. Two lakefront condos sold for $1,095,000 and $1,295,000.
Homes that closed escrow on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe in 2013 sold for between $2,495,000 to $24,995,000. In 2012, lakefront homes and condos sold for $1,390,000 to $12,000,000. Two condos were part of that mix.
So, you can see that the luxury homes on the lake have a wide range of selling prices because no two homes are alike.
There are currently 12 homes for sale on the shores of South Lake Tahoe, Nevada. One very unique spot is the Hidden Harbor compound, complete with five cabins on 3.77 acres and 241 feet of lake frontage! Equally as unique is Ty Cobb’s Lake Tahoe Lodge at Cave Rock, which is selling for $6,500,000. Here are some helpful steps in finding your Lake Tahoe lakefront home:
- Sign up for email notification so you’ll know the minute a home is listed.
- Call me directly at 530-541-2465 or stop by my office and we’ll sit down and explore all options.
- Get my newsletter every other month which gives you an insight into Lake Tahoe real estate.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. My website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get valuable and current information when you sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.