There is a good reason that over 3 MILLION people visit Lake Tahoe every year. From skiing fresh powder to laying on beautiful sand covered beaches, sometimes on the same day, Tahoe has it all! It doesn’t matter what your age, there is something for everyone. Hiking, beaches, boating, and live concerts from some of the top artists in the world, what more can you ask for? Here’s a guide to the perfect summertime Lake Tahoe vacation.
Lake Tahoe has gorgeous views, some you won’t even believe.
- Emerald Bay- Take a drive to see Emerald Bay, the second most photographed place in the world. Fanette Island sits in the middle of this beautiful cove where an abandoned tea house sits atop the island.
- Vikingsholm Mansion- In 1928 Mrs. Lora Josephine Knight purchased the land that encompasses Emerald Bay and Fannette Island for $250,000. She built an extraordinary mansion on the water’s edge, which is now open for tours. Mrs. Knight enjoyed summer afternoon tea on Tahoe’s only island, Fannette Island, located in the middle of Emerald Bay. Much of the tea house is still standing and offers amazing 360-degree views of the bay.
- The Gondola at Heavenly Village- Hop on one of the glass cabins that take you 2.4 miles up the side of a mountain to some of the best views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada mountain range. Riders have the option to get off at an observation deck, located halfway up, for even more spectacular sights.
- Taylor Creek Visitors Center- Take a stroll through paved paths down Taylor Creek. If you come at the right time of year you can see the salmon swimming upstream.
Lake Tahoe has some of the most rewarding hikes. Enjoy the breathtaking views!
- Eagle Falls
- Tallac Historic Site
- Ellis Peak
- Horsetail Falls
- Mount Tallac
- Mt. Ralston Peak
For those who want to skip the hikes and spend the day on the beach, Lake Tahoe has that too. There is a beach within walking distance to many Lake Tahoe neighborhoods.
- Sand Harbor, North Lake Tahoe
Lester Beach, West Shore, Lake Tahoe
Baldwin Beach, South Lake Tahoe
- Kiva Beach, South Lake Tahoe
- Secret Cove, Glenbrook
- Pope Beach, South Lake Tahoe
- Vikingsholm Beach, South Lake Tahoe
- Hidden Beach, South Lake Tahoe
- Kings Beach, North Lake Tahoe
- Commons Beach, Tahoe City
World Class Golf Resorts
Do you want to golf with the celebrities? Or just walk a short 9 hole course over your lunch break.
Edgewood Tahoe is more than an Alpine Lodge, more than an acclaimed golf course, more than a serene spa. It is a setting for inspiration, a catalyst for adventure, a world-class destination to discover and enjoy.
Lake Tahoe Golf Course
Located in a natural mountain meadow just minutes from the southern shoreline of Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada Mountain’s Lake Valley State Recreation Area, Lake Tahoe Golf Course’s spectacular William Bell-designed championship layout will inspire and delight every golfer with its breathtaking scenic views and natural habitat.
Incline Village Golf Course
The Golf Courses at Incline Village offer two distinct golf courses to fit any budget. Play our par-58 Mountain Course and the par-72 Championship Course. Save more and play more with our deals and special events like Thrill & Grill and Nine & Wine.
Northstar Golf Course
Designed by Robert Muir Graves, Northstar California’s 18-hole, par-72 golf course incorporates Tahoe’s mountainous landscapes with Martis Valley’s open meadow into two distinct 9-hole settings that will both challenge a golfer’s skills and appeal to his and her senses. The result is a vibrant and exciting golf course, whose features create a challenging flow that seamlessly moves in and over the natural terrain.
If laying on the beach is not enough, get out there! Boating is one of the most popular summer activities in all of Lake Tahoe. One of the most popular neighborhoods for boaters is the Tahoe Keys Neighborhood.
- Tahoe Keys Marina
- Ski Run Marina
- Lakeside Marina
- Camp Richardson
- Meeks Bay Marina
After a long day of being in the sun, whether you are on the South side of the Lake, or the Northside, or on the Nevada side of the lake… Tahoe has great nightlife!
- Harvey’s Outdoor Concert Series
- Hard Rock Casino’s Entertainment
- Peek Nightclub
- Opal Ultra Lounge
- Aspen Lounge
- Fat Cat
If visiting Lake Tahoe isn’t enough for you, take the next step. Whether it be a permanent residence or a vacation home, Dan Spano at Sierra Sotheby’s has what you’re looking for.
Sign up for email notifications so you’ll know the minute a home is listed.
Call me directly at 530-541-2465 or stop by my office and we’ll sit down and explore all options.
Get my newsletter every other month which gives you an insight into Lake Tahoe real estate.
Search all homes for sale around the lake. My website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
Get valuable and current information like what is listed above. Sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.