Finding that Perfect Lake Tahoe Realtor for Your Luxury Home Purchase
Here are a list of factors to look for when selecting your potential Realtor:
Qualifications and Designations:
For example, to be designated as a “CRS” or “Certified Residential Specialist,” a Realtor has to accumulate up to 48 real estate course credits, close escrow on a minimum of 10 transactions which need to gross $8 million dollars and all this has to be complete within two years’ time OR the agent can close escrow on 25 transactions within any time period. Another similar designation includes an “ABR” or “Accredited Buyer’s Representative” which is a designation to represent the buyers on the purchasing side of the real estate process.
Experience helps a Realtor gain many aspects of the industry such as: knowledge of the local real estate market, mastering negotiating skills, understanding the appraisal system and appreciating aesthetic value, goodwill of the property and much more! Experience is very important for an agent, as it qualifies them as either your Buying or Selling Representative in one of the most important decisions in one’s lifetime. Check the length or duration he/she has been in the industry, the longer the better. In addition, make sure that the agent has been a full time “Realtor.” Specialty is another area to consider, so check if the agent has experience in the kind of homes you are planning to buy; a residential single family home, a condominium or a waterfront, luxury masterpiece. Each category has different dynamics and requires special skills and knowledge an agent must have in that specific area to negotiate successfully for their client. Specialization also applies to the geographical areas as well. For example, when looking for a luxury home in Lake Tahoe, check if the Realtor has specialization or experience in dealing with just the California side of the lake, Nevada side or both.
- * Tip: You can ask questions to gauge the agent’s understanding of the market which is gained from his overall experience. Find out the Realtor’s opinion on how the Lake Tahoe real estate market is performing; is it bearish? heading downhill? or remaining steady throughout the last couple of years?
In addition to questioning your agent’s experience and knowledge, you should always check their most recent reviews, if not all of them, as they reflect the personal experiences of their previous clients. Reviews can help you better understand the Realtor’s knowledge, expertise, attitude, style and/or basic working mode of communication from a client’s point of view, which is exactly what you will be if you decide to hire them as your real estate representative. Also keep in mind, that the majority of successful Realtor’s will also have an informative and user friendly website as well.
- * Tip: Reviews are also readily available on many real estate and business organization websites. Check if the agent has 5 star reviews and if his past clients would recommend him to anyone that is in the market for an amazing Realtor. Finally, check the past and current listings of the potential agent to see if he deals in similar properties that you are interested in purchasing and also the price range you can afford. Remember that your real estate agent is not only your advocate, but he’s your local market, negotiating expert, your marketing guru and last but not least your technology geek that’s quick with numbers and can analyze data at the snap of their fingers!
- Sign up for email notification so you’ll know the minute a home is listed.
- Call me directly at 530-541-2465 or stop by my office and we’ll sit down and explore all options.
- Get my newsletter every other month which gives you an insight into Lake Tahoe real estate.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. My website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get valuable and current information like what is listed above. Sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.