The Meyers neighborhood in South Lake Tahoe is looked at as the Gateway to South Lake Tahoe. It is located at the base of Echo Summit and is the first town travelers from Sacramento reach as they head to South Lake Tahoe.
Lake Tahoe Real Estate in the Meyers Neighborhood
The town of Meyers started out as a stagecoach stop, Pony Express station and a trading post in the mid-1800’s. Now it is home to shopping, services, restaurants, 2 golf courses, cabins and to newer contemporary homes. This is a good neighborhood for a starter or second/vacation home. Due to its proximity to all 3 area ski resorts; Kirkwood, Sierra at Tahoe and Heavenly, this area is popular to many skiers, especially those die-hard Kirkwood skiers. The Truckee River runs through part of the community called Christmas Valley and there is very cool area called Lake Baron, a park and elementary school and some really neat mountain biking trails. The area is generally flat with close up views of the mountains and forest.
In August, 2013, the median sales price of homes in this area for the last 12 months rose 40.7% from the previous year to $270.000. The number of closed sales rose 40% to 14.
Currently there are 5 homes for sale in Meyers ranging from $199,500 for a 2-bedroom cabin to $650,000 for a newer, 4-bedroom home.
Want to know more?
Keep up to date on Tahoe Real Estate
- Sign up for an email notification so you’ll know the minute Tahoe properties are listed.
- Call us directly at 530-541-2465 and we’ll go over all your options.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. Our website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get a FREE custom market evaluation for your home.
- Get valuable and current information when you sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.