The Tahoe Keys neighborhood tops the list as one of South Lake Tahoe’s most highly sought after areas to purchase real estate. Developed in the 1960’s from natural marsh lands which eventually dissipated into waterways and canals, this development consists of 1,195 homes, 335 townhomes/condos and sits on 750 acres. The Keys is centrally located on the south end of town, close to shopping centers, Camp Richardson and numerous sandy beaches and world renowned ski resorts. For potential buyers who are looking for a waterfront home but can’t afford a multi-million dollar lakefront property, the Tahoe Keys is their dream come true. This area is within the top two neighborhoods of the South Shore for many reasons, but probably the most recognized and desired is that the majority of these homes (and condos) sit on the crystal blue waters of Lake Tahoe and include a private boat dock or slip right out their back door. But that’s not all!
TKPOA- Tahoe Keys Property Owners Association
The Tahoe Keys homeowners association is managed by a company called TKPOA or the Tahoe Keys Property Owners Association. They manage the entire Tahoe Keys development ranging from 24/7 security to maintaining the 11 miles of lagoons, canals and waterways to landscaping the beautiful grounds and surrounding areas. They are in charge of maintenance, upkeep and improvements which include the exterior and common areas for condos and townhomes, as well as the recreational areas (pools, parks, piers, beaches, etc) for single family homeowners. Homeowner’s within the Tahoe Keys pay association dues and assessments based on which area or “cove” their property resides in, which differs from cove to cove. The Tahoe Keys Marina, which is another amazing benefit of living in the Keys, is under new ownership and now offers more than just boat services and the infamous Fresh Ketch waterfront restaurant. There are numerous retail shops that are now scattered throughout the Marina with plans to expand what is currently offered in the near future. The Marina is also host to exciting events that happen every year such as the popular Wooden Boat Show and sailboat racing events.
Other Amenities That the Tahoe Keys Offer:
- Tennis Courts
- Indoor Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Hot Tubs
- Beach Picnic Area
- Basketball Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Children’s Playground
- Scenic Parks & Picnic Areas
- Sandy Beaches
- Private Boat Docks & Slips
- Paddle Boarding
- Beach Volleyball
- Indoor/Outdoor Fine Dining
- Paved Walking Paths….and much more!
Why should you choose the Tahoe Keys?
- The majority of homes, condos and townhomes offer waterfront living on the most beautiful alpine lake in the Western hemisphere
- Homeowners and residents get to enjoy “country club” type amenities such as private beaches, pool and hot tub facilities, tennis courts, 24/7 security and more
- Endless recreational and outdoor activities within steps of your front door
- The advantage of a Homeowners Association that maintains the neighborhood’s beauty, cleanliness and common area maintenance (you’ll never have to worry about your neighbor painting their house pink or using their property as a junkyard or permanent garage sale)
- You have direct access to amazing beaches, retail shops, the marina and “Fresh Ketch” restaurant
In conclusion, if you are thinking about purchasing a home in the Tahoe Keys and are making a list of pros and cons, then all you really need to know is this: The Tahoe Keys is one of the best neighborhoods, if not THE best neighborhood to enjoy all that Lake Tahoe has to offer and more! If you would like to know more about this amazing area and how to get started in finding your Tahoe Keys Dream Home, all you have to do is contact Dan Spano and follow these few easy steps:
- Sign up for email notifications so you’ll know the minute a home is listed.
- Call me directly at 530-541-2465 or stop by my office and we’ll sit down and explore all options.
- Get my newsletter every other month which gives you an insight into Lake Tahoe real estate.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. My website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get valuable and current information like what is listed above. Sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.