Highland Woods is a small neighborhood in South Lake Tahoe nestled in between Highway 50 and the lake. It is one of the area’s newest neighborhoods, having been developed in the 1970’s. Wide streets and underground utilities, level lots and easy access make it a popular neighborhood for locals and visitors alike. Even though there are commercial properties along the area’s Highway 50 edge, the neighborhood is quiet and off the beaten path, making it a great one for families and those that enjoy walking and biking near their home.
There are about 210 homes in Highland Woods with an average of 1,500 square feet, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. You’ll find Tudor style homes here as well as larger, newer homes bordering the meadow and coming with lake views.
Lake Tahoe Real Estate sales in the Highland Woods neighborhood
Very few homes come up for sale in Highland Woods, which makes the rare home on the market very popular among buyers. Over the last 12 months, there were 17 homes sold here and there are just 4 currently for sale. On the South Lake Tahoe MLS, there are actually 2 neighborhoods that make up this area: Highland Woods and Highland Woods PUD. The average price of the 9 homes sold between May 2012 and April 2013 in Highland Woods was $315,000, up 8.7% from the prior year. On the Highland Woods PUD side of things, the average selling price of the 6 homes sold was $171,500, up 9.6% the same period from last year. To put this in perspective, the average selling price of the 777 homes that sold in the South Lake Tahoe area was $265,000.
The 4 bedroom home pictured here just sold this week for $435,000. It’s listing price was $449,000.
The Highland Woods Neighborhood
Want to know more?
Keep up to date on Tahoe Real Estate
- Sign up for an email notification so you’ll know the minute Tahoe homes are listed.
- Call us directly at 530-541-2465 and we’ll go over all your options.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. Our website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get a FREE custom market evaluation for your home.
- Get valuable and current information when you sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.