You’ll see in this chart that California has 6 of the 7 fastest rising list price cities in the United States. All of those are in Northern California except for the Santa Barbara area and Fresno which is more Central California.
Lake Tahoe Median Asking Price
South Lake Tahoe median sales prices have been climbing as well. Of the 853 homes sold in the last year, the median listing price was $339,436 and the median selling price was $324,113. A year ago the median selling price was $231,000.
Lake Tahoe Real Estate
If you’d like to buy a home in Lake Tahoe before the median price and interest rates rise any further, now is the time to start your search.
Here are our 3 helpful hints on how to stay informed and stay on top of the Lake Tahoe real estate market:
- Sign up for email notifications of the Lake Tahoe MLS new home listings. You will be notified of homes coming on the market the moment they are listed. You will know as soon as the agents know.
- Another way to find out about the Lake Tahoe real estate market is to sign up to receive our blogs via email.
- Receive our monthly newsletter.
If you see a home that you’re interested in you can’t make it to Lake Tahoe to tour right away, let us know. We offer a complimentary “Review-Preview” service, where we will visit a Lake Tahoe home for sale and film and narrate the tour, then email it to you.
Keep up to date on Tahoe Real Estate
- Sign up for an email notification so you’ll know the minute a home is listed.
- Call us directly at 530-541-2465 and we’ll go over all your options.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. Our website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get valuable and current information when you sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.