The Nevada side of South Lake Tahoe is located in Douglas County. A VHR permit is required for all VHRs in Douglas County. The County allows online registration for a VHR permit through Host Compliance. Similar to every other area around the Lake, the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) must be submitted to the County on a regular basis.
A VHR permit application must be filled out and submitted to the County, in addition to the permit fees as follows:
- Application Fee: $416
- Inspection Fee: $150
- Credit Card Processor Fee: $12.73 / ACH Processor Fee: $3.35
- Total: Credit Card Payment $626.73 / Bank Account Payment (ACH) $569.35
VHR permits are renewed on an annual basis by filling out a renewal application and paying the renewal fee and any taxes. Permits will be renewed if the following are true:
- The online renewal application is complete and the applicant has compiled with the submittal requirements.
- There have not been two or more upheld citations issued for violations of the County Code at the VHR property within a 24 month period.
- The VHR permit has not lapsed, expired, been revoked, or suspended.
- The VHR is current on TOT and has paid all said taxes in full to the County.
- Application Fee: $260
- Inspection Fee: $150
- Credit Card Fee: $8.07 / Bank Account (ACH) Fee: $2.10
- Total: Credit Card $418.07 / Bank Account (ACH) $412.10
As of July 1, 2019 an inspection by Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District is required for all new and existing VHR permits. You can schedule an inspection here: Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District VHR
For up-to-date information on Vacation Rentals in the Tahoe area, please check out the main VHR page with all of our other articles on the subject HERE. Or contact us to get more detailed information.
How To Find Your Perfect Vacation Home in Lake Tahoe
- Sign up for an email notification so you’ll know the minute a home is listed.
- Call us directly at 530-541-2465 or stop by our office and we’ll sit down and explore all options.
- Get our newsletter every other month which gives you an insight into Lake Tahoe real estate.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. Our website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get valuable and current information when you sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.