The Tahoe Island Park Neighborhood is located at the entrance to the Tahoe Keys area and known by locals as the “State Streets” since most of the streets are named after states.
Lake Tahoe Real Estate in the Tahoe Island Drive Neighborhood
Homes in the Tahoe Island Park area vary from chalets and cabins to newer contemporary homes. Most homes though are older and well kept. The average lot size is 6,000 square feet and the average home size is from 1,000 to 1,500 square feet. The area is generally flat and forested though some of the homes around the perimeter have meadow and mountain views.
The median sales price of homes in this area fell just as they did around the US in 2011/2012 but they have been rising continuously since August 2012. Over the last 12 months, the median sales price was $267,500, up 16.3% from the previous 12 months. Other sales figures include a 64.7% increase in closed sales from 17 to 28, new listings rose 56.5% from 23 to 36 but the number of homes on the market fell 28.8%.
Currently, there are 16 homes for sale in Tahoe Island Park ranging from $244,900 for a 3 bedroom home to $779,000 for a newer, 4 bedroom home.
Tahoe Island Park Neighborhood
Want to know more?
Keep up to date on Tahoe Real Estate
- Sign up for an email notification so you’ll know the minute Tahoe homes are listed.
- Call us directly at 530-541-2465 and we’ll go over all your options.
- Search all homes for sale around the lake. Our website makes it easy to search for homes that match your criteria.
- Get a FREE custom market evaluation for your home.
- Get valuable and current information when you sign up to receive Lake Tahoe real estate articles sent to your inbox.